Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend Fun

One great thing about big cities is that there is no excuse for being bored. Saturday my roommate and I got free tickets to the afternoon baseball game and then in the evening I went with some other friends to a jazz concert put on by a band out of Shanghi called Coco Zhao; it was kind of different but I really enjoyed it. Today after the CES fireside some of us went to the Einstein memorial and had a nice devotional about math and science in relation to the gospel. Afterwards we walked around the war memorials and the Lincoln memorial. I particularly enjoy walking around D.C. at night, I guess because it seems more peaceful and I can sit and ponder and take in all the sites and history of the place.




I like the inscription above Lincoln, I definitely felt a certain reverence about the memorial.

4 comments:

kelsey said...

What's the first memorial pictured?

J said...

Can't you tell that is Einstein Kelsey?

christy said...

i felt the same way about the lincoln memorial. i don't think i ever saw the einstein statue. the kids said it looks like chocolate.

Benjipups said...

You've blogged twice! Fine, I retract the comments I made before we parted. I also liked riding mass transit with all the people in suits and matching black leather bags, only instead of thinking they looked important I just thought about how I'm glad I don't have to wear a suit to work. But I'm talking to a guy who wears his suit all day after church anyway so we obviously have different feelings about such matters.