Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Randomly Materialized Thoughts

It is past 1 am and I am sitting in the student lounge at GV. I just put some finishing touches on our group's 50 page paper for Brazilian Economy. By now we are completely sick of anything that has to do with Brazilian or Indian deforestation issues, but at least we can now talk about the subject in an educated manner. I enjoy our group: Andrea from Italy, Andres from Italy, Camilla from Denmark, Jean-Jacques from France and myself. More papers and final exams to be finished in the next week and a half.

I was essentially wait-listed by Empresa Junior (student organization that provides consulting to smaller-sized companies here), they want to do one more interview but honestly I am beginning to lose interest.

Spent last weekend in Vinhedo (about an hour from here) with Paulo and Keiko whom I became acquainted with on my mission. It was great for many reasons: Vinhedo was sunny, Sao Paulo rarely is; they live in a condominium where houses actually have lawns and stuff, felt like the states; the family environment made me feel like I was relaxing at home for a weekend; Paulo, Keiko and Kimberly are awesome.

I discovered that I REALLY like Sushi. I have been to some excellent all-you-can-eat places over the last couple weeks.

Started playing tennis again but I have yet to play on a clay court. My knee hurt afterward though, could I finally be getting old?

Brazilians are awesome!!!

Going to Curitiba this weekend with friends. Excited to get to know the city and to go on another road trip with the same gang as last time.


Phrase of the week - ME DÁ O MEU CHIIIIIIIIIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEÊ!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fran said...

What does the phrase of the week mean?

J said...

It means "give me my chip!!!" in reference to a funny video I saw of a woman screaming that in front of someone's house at 3 a.m. I guess she needed her chip so her phone would work...