Monday, September 28, 2009

Southern Adventure

My friend Gabriel had a birthday party this weekend, so Carol invited me to go along with her and some other friends. It so happens that Gabriel lives in Curitiba so I got the chance to become acquainted with southern Brasil for the first time. We road tripped there, as usual, driving all night and arriving very early morning. Unfortunately, we were so tired that we slept Saturday away but the party in the evening was really fun.

The weather on Sunday was beautiful so we decided to visit the temple and Tanguá park after church. It was a nice, relaxing day. I really enjoyed Curitiba, it seems more like a city I could live in.


Curitiba, Brazil Temple


This individual pine behind us, the species is called Araucária, is the reason President Hinckley chose this plot of land for the temple.


We decided to give it a hug.


Just before the storm.


Edifice at Tanguá park


Tanguá park waterfall

1 comment:

Benjipups said...

You're going to have to teach me how to function on little sleep again.